Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My first quilting/sewing experience!!

Well I finished Rueben's Thomas the Train quilt a few days ago. I had a little trouble with the sewing machine, it was missing some pieces, so when I finally got a new one, I got started right away! I bought the fabric from Wal-Mart that was already pre-quilted, so all I had to do was sew a binding on the border. I thought this would be excellent practice sewing for the first time, so I got some red thread & some red satin binding. Overall it looks pretty good. My seams aren't always straight, and I had a little trouble in the corners where I folded the edges to make an angle, but it was definitely a learning experience!! The only problem now is that Rueben doesn't seem to like his blanket very much... Terry said it's probably because I wouldn't let him mess with the fabric for 2 days while I had it pinned up, & he probably will start liking it soon.. I really hope so!! Here are my pictures.. they are very blurry & not very good quality--little man broke my camera, so I've been using my phone..

Thia is the whole blanket.. It is about the size of a comforter for a toddler bed, but more square. I got all the fabric of this print that they had left!! 
This is the 'front' of the quilt.. It has pictures of Thomas with a 'denim' colored background, & all kinds of little sayings... So cute!!
This is the 'back'. It's the same colored 'denim' that is on parts of the front, and has 'Thomas' and his picture all over.

So that's my first quilt! I also got some matching fabric (to match the back of the blanket) to make Rueben a train caddy.. I've already made it, but I'll save that for another post ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment